Welcome to Year 3 Page
We hope you will find the information featured on this page useful. However, if you do have any questions, please send an email to Victoria Bassett. Each teacher also has a direct, class email address which is checked once a week for non-urgent messages.
The fantastic teacher in Year 3 is Sam.
Our wonderful members of support staff are Aminah and Karen.
The senior leader responsible for Year 3 is Victoria Bassett.
For a summary of what the children will be learning this year please see the Curriculum Overview below. If parents would like more information about the curriculum, please contact your child’s class teacher and they will be happy to help.
Phonics and Reading
At Larkhall we have devised a systematic synthetic phonics programme based on the extensive experiences of our teachers and the needs of our children. Teachers have been exposed to and worked with a wide range of programmes and as such developed our own programme which:
- Includes all essentials to teach SSP to children in reception and key stage 1 years
- Is sufficient support for children in reception and key stage 1 to become fluent readers
- Is a structured route for most children to meet or exceed the expected standard in the year one phonics screening check
- Meets all national curriculum expectations for word reading through decoding by the end of key stage 1
- Is shared with all teaching staff annually as part of our CPD programme
For details of what the children will be learning this half term please see the Autumn Term 2 2023 Newsletter below. The Newsletter also contains more information linked to this term. Previous Newsletters for Year 3 from 2022 – 2023 academic year can also be found below.