Health And Nutrition And Lunches
A healthy diet improves concentration and learning.
- We provide children with a healthy balanced
- Fresh water is provided lunch meal
- We recommend that your child has a school dinner every day. All Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 children are entitled to a free school meal.
- Children are offered a choice of 3 main courses.
- We serve vegetables and a choice of desert including fruit
- We do not serve pork
- One portion of fruit and one portion of
- A dairy food like cheese, yoghurt
- Drinks: water only please
- A starchy food such as bread or pasta, rice,
- A snack item such as crisps or a biscuit couscous, noodles, potatoes, crackers or
Not allowed: chocolate bars, chocolate-coated biscuits and sweets
We are a NUT-FREE school.
Children who attend the Woodlark Autism Provision are offered a high level of support at lunchtimes. Woodlark teachers will work closely with parents of autistic children to address any issues relating to diet and to promote healthy eating.
Please encourage your child to drink plenty of water and eat a healthy balanced diet at home.