HOME SCHOOL AGREEMENT
We believe in educating children who will become lifelong learners. Our creative topic-based curriculum allows children to become divergent thinkers, skilling them with the tools to excel in all they do. We create a culture in our classrooms that cultivates children’s learning, enabling them to become better learners, grow in confidence, and enables them to face difficulty and uncertainty calmly. Children who are more confident of their own learning ability find learning much more enjoyable and achieve much greater levels.
Effective partnerships between parents and school staff have a significant positive impact on supporting children in their social and academic development.
Ways to support your child at school:
- Ensure they bring their school bag to school every day.
- Ensure they bring their literacy (reading) folder to school every day.
- Ensure your child attends school each and every day, from 8.30-3.30.
- Name all jumpers, water bottles and coats.
- Speak to a member of staff if you have any questions or concerns.
Communication between home and school:
- Inform the school of your child’s absence before 8.30am.
- Attend all meetings about your child, at the agreed times with the school.
- Immediately attend the school in the event of an emergency.
- Read all letters sent out by the school and reply when appropriate.
- Always treat everyone in the school community with respect.
- Make the school aware of any concerns or problems that might affect your child’s work or behaviour.
- Ensure that the school office has up-to-date contact numbers in case of emergency.
Ways to support your child at home:
- Read with your child daily and fill in the home school/reading diary
- Ensure your child has a good night’s sleep and healthy breakfast
- Monitor your child’s internet use, ensuring they are only accessing age-appropriate content and for a limited amount of time.
Take your child on cultural visits and encourage your child to take advantage of the opportunities offered by school.
Our commitment as a school:
- We will support parents in their understanding of the curriculum by offering workshops and stay and learn sessions.
- We will provide a balanced, stimulating, and well-taught curriculum to meet the individual needs of your child.
- We will provide a caring, safe and supportive environment to promote learning and well-being.
- We will keep you up-to-date about your child’s progress through parent meetings and reports
- We will monitor your child’s behaviour, taking fair and consistent action if necessary and inform parents of any concerns.
- We will take your child on trips/ learning experiences
Children’s Commitments: (Year 1-6 only)
- I will develop my learning muscles.
- I will show that I understand my rights and the rights of others.
- I will always work collaboratively with other children in a positive manner.
- I will respect the property of the school, myself and others.
- I will demonstrate the Larkhall PSCD traits when I’m in class and around school.
- I will always accept the consequences for my actions when I make mistakes.
- I will always follow the expectations of all adults.
- I will always try to manage my emotions to make positive behaviour choices both inside and outside of the classroom.
- I will not bring in prohibited items.