CHILDREN MUST BE IN SCHOOL EVERY DAY.
Parents should expect the school to scrutinise closely children who miss a day off school. The following procedures must be followed.
- If children are absent for any reason it is the parent’s responsibility to ring the office in the morning.
- Absence for medical appointments will only be authorised with an appointment letter
- When bringing your child to school, you must accompany them to the school gates.
- An unauthorised absence will be recorded when there is no reason given for absence.
- Absence due to illness or medical appointments must be reported on the same day as the absence.
- At the end of the school day children must be collected on time at 3.15pm.
Holidays during term time cannot be authorised by the Head Teacher.
For those children who attend school every day for the autumn, spring or summer term, there will be a reward in our celebration assemblies.
In order to prepare Year 6 children for secondary school we allow them to go home by themselves during the autumn term. Parents need to give written permission for their child to go home alone and children will be given a badge. If children lose this badge they will not be allowed to leave school by themselves.
Woodlark Autism Provision
Children who attend the Woodlarks Autism Provision must be accompanied to school by an adult and taken to the decking area where they will be met by Woodlark staff. Children should be supervised in the playground until they are collected by staff.
Children arriving by school transport will be met by Woodlark staff and escorted safely into school.