This policy has been compiled in line with DfE requirements and in accordance with s457 of the Education Act, 1996.
FEES AT SEPTEMBER 2020
Breakfast Club is charged at:
£1.50 per day (7.30am -8.45am)
£1.00 per day (8am-8.45am)
School Dinners are charged at: £2.50 per day – £12.50 per week
The Hub (After School Club) is charged at: £5 per day between 3.15pm and 5.30pm
Nursery Top Up is charged at: £20.00 per day – £100 per week
- Day Trips. No charge/fee will be compulsory in respect of day trips that take place during school hours or are part of the curriculum. However, a donation towards the cost will generally be requested.
- Residential trips. For residential trips a charge will be applied for board and lodging.
Pupils will not be treated differently according to whether or not their parents have made any contribution in response to the request or invitation. However, where there are not enough voluntary contributions to make the activity possible, then it may be cancelled.
- Pupil school dinners are charged at £2.50 per meal. Parents should ensure this is paid for regularly to avoid the account going into arrears.
- In cases where the account is in arrears, parents will be contacted to make a payment to settle the balance. If the account is not settled within a set amount of time, further action will be taken which will include creating a payment plan which the parents will need to stick to, to ensure the debt is cleared.
- If payments are defaulted on a regular basis following a payment plan being created, further action will be taken. The school will no longer be able to provide a hot meal for the pupil and parents will be asked to provide their child with a packed lunch until the debt is cleared to ensure the debt does not increase.
- If regular payments are still not made a decision will be made to begin legal proceedings to recover the debt.
Damage/ Loss to Property
- A charge will be levied in respect of wilful damage, neglect or loss of school property (including premises, furniture, equipment, books or materials). The charge is to be the cost of replacement or repair, or such lower cost as the Headteacher may decide.
- A charge will be levied in respect of wilful damage, neglect or loss of property (including premises, furniture, equipment, books or materials) belonging to a third party, where the cost has been recharged to the school.
- The charge is to be the cost of replacement or repair, or such lower cost as the Headteacher may decide.
Nursery Top Up
15 hours per day is charged at £20.00 per day, £100.00 per week
- Payment is required to be paid in advance, which can be done on a weekly, monthly or termly basis. This due to the requirement of additional staff.
- Payment can be made at the school office or through the online payment service SIMS Pay
- Settlement of any arrears must be paid in full to avoid the Nursery Top Up Service being suspended.
- Costs will not be incurred for school closures such as INSET or Polling Days. Charges will apply for non-attendance, this will include sickness, holidays and bereavements etc.
- Termination of placement will require 4 weeks’ notice
All School Lettings are managed by the School Business Manager and Head Teacher. The full Governing Body will receive, consider and approve the Charging and Lettings Policy for the school. The full Governing Body should also consider and agree the scale of charges for lettings. Both shall be reviewed and approved annually
Aims of letting
The aims of letting the school premises are:
- The school believes that its premises can play a major role in the community by providing a variety of accommodation and facilities for the general public
- to generate income for the school.
- 1st and 2nd Floor Hall (Main School)
- Lower School Hall
- Outdoor Space (Playground, Car park etc)
The hire of the above will start from 4pm during term time and will cease at 10pm, during the weekdays and weekends from 9.00am – 10.00pm (this is negotiable)
- Hire charges are per hour
- Full payment including the refundable deposit of £250.00 is required 1 week before the letting unless it is an ongoing booking where the school will issue an invoice
- Hire of items of furniture and other resources can be arranged at a small cost
- Smoking is not prohibited don the school site
- Hirers must leave the premises how it was found
- As the school is situated in a residential area the hirer must leave on time with the noise level at a minimum.
The premises shall be made available for any non-political, education, social and/recreational purpose providing that the hirer:
- Is capable of meeting the rental charges
- Can be reasonably expected to act with due care and caution towards the premises and the equipment contained therein.
- Will upon request leave a deposit of £250.00 to guard against loss and damage of equipment
- The hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the Provisional Booking Confirmation
- The hirer shall make no permanent alteration to the structure or decorative condition of the hired premises. Upon the termination of the hire period removes all materials belonging to them.
The Decision to Let
The ultimate decision to let the school premises remains with the governing body. The governing body has the right to veto any let it does not consider suitable or which may be detrimental to the effective running of the school or its reputation.
The school does not hold a licence. Consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited onsite unless otherwise stated on your booking form. Anyone caught consuming alcohol on site without prior agreement will lead to removal from the site and may affect future hiring for the hirer.
Opening and Closing
Opening and closing the school is the responsibility of the schools Premises staff
Declaration of interest
Any member of the governing body who has connection with or an interest in the application for the let of the school must declare this interest. That person must not take part in any of the decision on the granting of that let.
The Head Teacher, Business Committee or Governing Body may levy charges for miscellaneous services up to the cost of providing such services e.g. for providing a copy of an OFSTED report.
Download this policy with a Booking Form: