Our aim at Larkhall Primary Campus is that our children will be given the knowledge and skills to be confident, curious and creative members of their community. This is underpinned by the commitment to supporting children to grow and develop academically, socially and emotionally. Positive, respectful relationships with ourselves, our families, our friends and others are central to children’ development. Our approach to teaching children about relationships therefore has respect as the core thread throughout all the year groups.
- Taking into account the age, maturity and needs of our children, we aim to:
- Help children develop feelings of self‐respect, self‐esteem, self‐confidence, sympathy and empathy.
- Supportchildren to understand and express their feelings through providing appropriate vocabulary and communication skills.
- Support children to understand how to keep themselves safe.
- Nurture a responsible attitude towards personal relationships including aspects of mutual respect and care.
- Develop sensitivity towards the needs of others.
- Provide knowledge of loving relationships.
- Inform on matters of personal hygiene and related health issues.
- Encourage exploration of values and moral issues taking into account physical, emotional and moral risks associated with certain behaviour.
- Provide information about agencies that can give support and information on health and related issues
- Provide knowledge of human reproductive processes.
Please find our RSE Policy here